Sunday, December 09, 2007

The First Snow and Mental Health Day of the School Year



We officially have entered the 20 degree days and snowland. The kids have had 2-hr delays with school, but not a day off. We took a mental health day last Wednesday. I allow my children to have 3 a year. I don't know if it's more for me or for them :) It's just a day where you're maybe tired but not really sick, and you're allowed to stay home from school and play and hang out. You don't have to lay around and pretend you're sick because it's just a mental health day. Usually it's spent in pjs the entire day relishing the fact we don't have to run around all day. They love their allotted days and use them with fervor!

They plan them too. This year they said, "The first snow, we are using our free day." They aren't allowed to use their mental health day to escape tests or other unpleasantries at school. :) So they bundled up in their ski coats, pants, boots and played in our backyard and property. Our property beyond the fence was extra deep due to the wind and drifts, and they really loved tromping along in that snow. You can tell I'm warm in my pjs with Hudson taking this picture from the deck :) as we quickly went back inside to make hot chocolate!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youre such a good mama! I love snow! ann&fam

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Wilson said...

I still need mental health days every once in a while.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home