Friday, December 19, 2008

High Temps

Photobucket



Some things are so hot they sizzle.

I am a lover of the classics when it comes to novels and all the classical love stories. I am a huge Jane Austen reader. Call me a romantic, forever I will be. As Marianne says in Sense and Sensibility, "Can the soul really be satisfied with polite affections? To love is to burn, to be on fire like Juliet or Guinevere or Eloise."

I have always been an avid reader, not much of a television watcher. I was a complete skeptic when my niece convinced me to read the Twilight series, and within the first chapter I was hooked. I don't like petty stories that have no depth of character. The bases of the story my niece described left me thinking it wouldn't be deep or intense. I gave the book a chance on a long flight back from Florida this past August. I voraciously read the next three within months. It is one of the greatest love stories of all time. How can you argue with that? Gotta love it.

By the way, Elinor's love in "Sense and Sensibility" is named Edward. Hmmmm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck!!!!!

Jonathan
The totally grossed out conservative!!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home