Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hudson's Heart Update



Well, Julia and I set off for Children's Hospital this morning around 7 a.m. for Hudson's echocardiogram and EKG and consult with his cardiologist Dr. Chan who is just fabulous!

PRAISE THE LORD! Even Dr. Chan who is of Christian faith said the Lord is good after telling me that he believes his two holes in Hudson's heart are showing more evidence of scar tissue forming inside indicating more closure. We are amazed.

The lower chamber hole which is the VSD (ventricular septum defect) was considered a moderate hole which was more than likely going to need surgery but still had a low percentage to close on its own. Shane and I completely and totally turned it to God. When we pray over him, I just FEEL the heart holes closing and SEE God working His miracles in Hudson's body. I make myself see it and believe it. Faith in healing and miracles of the Lord is amazing. The whole experience at the hospital today has increased my testimony in the Lord's work in medicine. I know the Lord is healing Hudson's heart where we can avoid surgery. :)

So all the news was just great today at the cardiologist's. Dr. Chan was thrilled at Hudson's weight gain and breathing. He shows no evidence of inability to gain weight and thrive and quick respirations which he would by now if his holes in his heart were negatively affecting his health. PRAISE THE LORD AGAIN.

I believe our children are sent to us not only for us to have the responsibility to pave a pathway for them to get back to the Lord, but each child brings with them something we learn from them, a lesson from God. This whole ordeal with Hudson has been so enlightening on a huge level for me. Hudson is so special. He has taught me so much in letting go and relying on the Lord's plan and course. God is awesome. His comfort is powerful. Hudson's impact in these few weeks on my faith and relationship with God is so wonderful! What a blessing wrapped in a blanket :) If I love and cherish Hudson with my whole being, then I can rest assure he is taken care of by his Heavenly Father who loves him even more!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Amazing! What else can I say? : ) God is so good, and he is watching after the family : )

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home