Saturday, August 11, 2007

Girlie Glasses


Paige started having trouble seeing the overhead and chalkboard at school toward the end of the year. After a trip to the pediatrician and the pediatric ophthamologist, we confirmed Paige is near-sighted and needed glasses. I wear contacts and have worn glasses and contacts since 9th grade, so she definitely gets this inherited specialty from me. I was let down a little realizing now she would always deal with this, but she was totally thrilled!

After her exam, we went straight to he eyeglass place to choose frames, etc. On the way there, Paige had already enlightened me on exactly what her mind envisioned would be on her face. "They have to be hot pinkish or bright..and square. I want square frames."

The lady at the eyeglass store laid out ten different frames that matched Paige's description. She zeroed in on the most expensive Prada frames and said, "What about these?" I think she has my taste too. I said, "Let's just take these out of the beginning ten to choose from." I cringed! If I never have owned a $550 pair of glasses, I don't think my 9-year old should either, especially if she was just wearing these frames for two years or so before she outgrew them!

Paige finally decided on the cute Ray-Ban frames that were bright, hip and precious on her face. I was so glad to see her wear the new glasses with such confidence! Gone are the days where braces and glasses are "nerdy" or "uncool" replaced with "the thing to have."

On the way home Paige was like a 2-yr old in the world for the first time! "Look how clear those trees are way over there. Check out the numbers on the radio! AZD-675 is that license plate, Mom!" We had no idea she was that near-sighted, and are so relieved she's so happy with the change.

Paige wears them when she is supposed to and is meticulous about taking care of her new glasses. She can't wait to wear them to school for all her friends to see!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Wilson said...

Paige does look cool in her new glasses. I used to wear them but my eyes got better and I don't need them now. Enough kicks to the head by a horse solve almost anything. :)

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty and mature! I need to make one of these pages, they're so neat! <3 ann&fam

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home