Friday, October 26, 2007

Generations of Daughters






When my mom comes for a visit, I always end up thinking about my own relationship with my children, my daughters in particular. Will we be as close as we are now as they get older? Will they continue to respect me as I do them? What does God have in store for their lives, their future marriages, their own children?

My mom and I have always clashed and had a tumultuous relationship to say the least. As we have both grown older, it's mellowed some mainly because in a lot of ways we've just realized we are the way we are. Acceptance of one another is the key to loving unconditionally! Our best example of that, of course, is the way Heavenly Father loves us no matter what.

Though my parents were never perfect and neither am I as a mother, I know that my best example of parenting comes from my Father above. I hope my daughters see how cherished they are for what they are, the way God has made them. We all have room for improvement; however, if my daughters love me the way I am, I know I will continue to love them just the way they are too :) I look forward to our growing relationship as it changes from parental guidance to a friendship that settles in between two adults. My girls are shining daughters of God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home